Saturday, September 18, 2010

You Made My Day

I was in the double drive thru line at Mc Donald's yesterday, (what?  I have a cold and when you have a cold you need Dr. Pepper.) which is an every-other-car situation.  The car that ordered in front of me was cut off by the car next to her, not nice if you ask me, so I ended up behind her.  I'm not going to lie, at this point I was getting just a little cranky or maybe even a little hangry.  Could this line be any slower?  

Imagine my surprise when I pulled up to the window to pay, one dollar and seven pennies ready to hand to the cashier, and she handed me my receipt and a note telling me that the car in front of me paid for my pop!  How cool is that?!  The note explained that a local radio station is encouraging their listeners to brighten a strangers day with their 'drive thru difference' campaign.  Well I'll tell you what, it worked!  My day had been made!  Now I plan to put the note back in my car and pay it forward next time I head through the drive thru.

And just think, if that guy who cut off the woman in front of me had just waited his turn he would have had his order paid for!

No comments:

Post a Comment