Thursday, September 9, 2010

How About a Helmet?

The Bean started crawling about a month ago and it didn't take her too long to figure out how to pull herself up on furniture and in her crib.  Now she is cruising around furniture with great confidence.

Well today, shortly after this picture was taken, she decided to go hands-free, which as you can imagine resulted in a near face plant on the hardwood floor.  Luckily, Mommy was there to save the day.

That little incident got me thinking.  What about when I'm not in arms reach?  What then?  A big bonk of the head or face and one sad little baby.

Ah, if only I could make my fearless girl wear a bike helmet during her waking hours.  You think I'm joking?  Ha, ha. I'm not.  Oh don't worry, I won't do that to her.  I really want to, but I know this is just one of a long list of things in life she'll have to figure out on her own.  For now I'll admire her determination and be there to comfort her when she needs it.  I'll hold on to the bike helmet and we can trade it in for a motorcycle helmet when she starts to drive.    

No comments:

Post a Comment